Cambridge Wesleyan School was built in 1862 by Samuel Hadley of Cambridge House at his own expense. The school was located where there is now a triangle in the road junction between Dursley Road and the Roman Road (A38). Samuel Hadley operated the Cambridge Sawmill and was also a farmer. The first Headmaster was Samuel Charles Rock and there were 25 scholars. The second Headmaster, David Charles Moss, was in post from 1867 until his death in 1898. He was so well regarded that he has a full stained glass window devoted to him in St John’s Church. The school closed in April 1906 when the new Council School opened. At one time it was used as a British Legion Club but was eventually demolished in 1952 when the road was widened.