Cambridge Wesleyan School

Cambridge Wesleyan School was built in 1862 by Samuel Hadley of Cambridge House at his own expense. The school was located where there is now a triangle in the road junction between Dursley Road and the Roman Road (A38). Samuel Hadley operated the Cambridge Sawmill and was also a farmer. The school closed in April 1906 when the new Council School opened. It was used as a British Legion Club and was eventually demolished in 1952 when the road was widened.

Find us on Facebook

Annual Membership Only £10

Annual membership will include online access to all the Society’s records for the calendar year, free entry to all presentation meetings and refreshments afterwards.

Join Us Now